Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hereafter (Hereafter #1)



Hereafter (Hereafter, #1)Title: Hereafter
Author: Tara Hudson
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release Date: June 7, 2011
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Format: Hardcover
Source: Library

Can there truly be love after death?
Drifting in the dark waters of a mysterious river, the only thing Amelia knows for sure is that she's dead. With no recollection of her past life--or her actual death--she's trapped alone in a nightmarish existence. All of this changes when she tries to rescue a boy, Joshua, from drowning in her river. As a ghost, she can do nothing but "will" him to live. Yet in an unforgettable moment of connection, she helps him survive.

Amelia and Joshua grow ever closer as they begin to uncover the strange circumstances of her death and the secrets of the dark river that held her captive for so long. But even while they struggle to keep their bond hidden from the living world, a frightening spirit named Eli is doing everything in his power to destroy their newfound happiness and drag Amelia back into the ghost world . . . forever.

Thrilling and evocative, with moments of pure pleasure, "Hereafter" is a sensation you won't want to miss.

My thoughts:
Let me start off this review by saying this cover is absolutely gorgeous, so at least it will look good on my shelf! That sadly is the only positive thing I can say. In this novel we follow a ghost named Amelia on a journey to find out who she was when she was living, and how exactly she died. Now, that sounds intriguing enough as it should be filled with a lot of plot twists, mystery, and suspense. Wrong. In the beginning Amelia meets this boy names Josh who almost drowns, and he can see her. They instantly fall in love within I'd say 10 pages. From then on the story is about them trying to stay together, and less about Amelia. If you like romances then nothing sounds wrong, but if you like characters with depth, and personality without being in a romantic relationship, I'd stay away from this one. It wasn't scary, it was predictable. I almost fell asleep a couple of times. I might check out the second because of usually have to finish a series once a start, but I'm hesitant.

I know a lot of people love this book, and I hope I didn't come off rude. It just wasn't for me.

-Amelia.

star

No comments:

Post a Comment