Friday, May 11, 2012

TGIF (1) Supporting Characters


TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by the blog GReads.
This week's question is
Supporting Characters: We tend to gush over those main characters the most, but what about those supporting roles? Who are some of your favorites?

1. The character that instantly came to mind was Grimalkin from The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. I seriously disliked the main character Meghan, so Grim made it all worth reading for me. For being a cat his personality was sarcastic, witty, and always kept the rest of the characters on their toes. I'd always find myself laughing whenever he disappeared, and then reappeared in the nick of time. Also, deep down I could tell he was actually a caring creature who loved his friends, but I'm sure he'd never admit to that. ;)

2. I loved the Harry Potter series when I was younger, and still do. A favorite supporting character of mine is Draco Malfoy. You can't have Harry Potter without him, and with me I think most fans love to hate him. What set him apart for me was the fact that deep down he could be a pretty nice guy, and he was just trying to please his family. 

Those are just a couple of my all time favorites, I'd love to know yours as well if you'd leave you links in the comments below. 

4 comments:

  1. Great picks! I loved Grimalkin and Draco too!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting that you picked Draco - I never would have thought of him, but I see what you mean by him just trying to please his family. Other than the usual from HP - like Hermoine, & the Weasleys - I also really liked Luna.

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOOOOOVE both of your choices!

    Grim, for his snark yet obvious love for Meghan and her destiny.

    Draco, because like you said he has the potential for redemption!

    ReplyDelete