Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday (1)



Wishlist Wednesday is hosted by Pen to Paper. It's a weekly meme where you show and talk about one book you've had on your wishlist for ages, or a book you're excited about.
Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1)
Synopsis:
My name is Gwen Frost, and I go to Mythos Academy — a school of myths, magic and warrior whiz kids, where even the lowliest geek knows how to chop off somebody's head with a sword and Logan Quinn, the hottest Spartan guy in school, also happens to be the deadliest.
But lately, things have been weird, even for Mythos. First, mean girl Jasmine Ashton was murdered in the Library of Antiquities. Then, someone stole the Bowl of Tears, a magical artifact that can be used to bring about the second Chaos War. You know, death, destruction and lots of other bad, bad things. Freaky stuff like this goes on all the time at Mythos, but I'm determined to find out who killed Jasmine and why—especially since I should have been the one who died. . .

Why?
Every time I read the synopsis of this book from Goodreads I ask myself why I haven't purchased this book series yet. I love books about boarding schools, and magic. I've read mostly good reviews, and I could use a fun, humorous, light read. The cover is pretty cool too with her violet eyes, and mysterious castle. I'm really looking forward to reading Touch of Frost, and I'll snatch it up next time I'm in Barnes and Noble. 

Leave a comment to your blog posts below. :)
                                                                   


7 comments:

  1. Oh what, why haven't I heard about that before? Must get. :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I thought too!

    Thanks for commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I didn't love this book. Too much language, sexual content, and the story didn't end up being that interesting after all for me to push all that aside and just enjoy it. I was really hoping for it to be great - I'm a mythology/fairy tale retelling geek! I hope you like it more than I did!
    Sierra @ Yearning to Read
    My WW: http://yearningtoread.blogspot.com/2012/05/wishlist-wednesday-3-wicked-and-just.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks for letting me know. I find it interesting to hear some negative reviews as I know what to look out for. Hopefully I enjoy it like you said though!

      Thanks for stopping by, I'll check out your post. :)

      Delete
  4. Touch of Frost sounds like it would be a really good read. I also like reading books with academies and magic. I also like swords, I don't know why.

    Nancy @ The Avid Reader
    New Follower
    My Wishlist Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me, much appreciated!

      Swords intrigue me also. I'll be checking out your post.

      Delete
  5. Hope you get the chance to read it soon!

    New follower.

    Ashley
    Booksaremylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete