Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (2) Favorite Quotes From Books


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
I couldn't remember any quotes off the top of my head so I used Goodreads to find these, they truly are some of my favorites, especially the ones that make me laugh out loud.

1. “Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?"
"If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked." - City of Bones, Cassandra Clare.

2. “Oh, we're playing nice now? Shall we have tea first? Brew up a nice pot of kiss-my-ass?”  - The Iron King, Julie Kagawa.

3. "If I've learned one lesson from all that's happened to me, it's that there is no such thing as the biggest mistake of your existence. There's not such thing as ruining your life. Life's a pretty resilient thing, it turns out." - The Undomestic Goddess, Sophie Kinsella.

4. "He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." - 1984, George Orwell.

5. "Peter would probably throw a party if I stopped breathing." "Well," he says, "I would only go if there was cake." - Divergent, Veronica Roth.

6. “I don't like him," I explained. "He annoys the hell out of me ninety-six percent of the time, and sometimes I'd like nothing better than to strangle him to death. But at the same time I... I want him to be happy. I think about him way more than I should, and I -"
"You love him.”  - The Duff, Kody Keplinger.

7. “I realize now that dying is easy. Living is hard.” - If I stay, Gale Forman.

8. “He raised an eyebrow, which made me totally jealous. I've never been able to do that. I always just end up raising both of them and looking surprised or scared instead of sardonic.”  - Hex Hall, Rachel Hawkins.

9. “It's like people you see sometimes, and you can't imagine what it would be like to be that person, whether it's somebody in a wheelchair or somebody who can't talk. Only, I know that I'm that person to other people, maybe to every single person in that whole auditorium. 
To me, though, I'm just me. An ordinary kid.”  - Wonder, R.J. Palacio.

10. “I always knew I was an excellent liar; I just didn't know that I had it in me to fool myself.” - Wither, Lauren DeStefano.

Those are my top ten quotes this week, leave your links in the comments for me to read yours. :)

Happy reading, 
Amelia.


6 comments:

  1. Someone recently recommended Wonder to me. I think I should read it.

    Got a laugh out of the Hex Hall quote. I'd forgotten about it, but laughed when I read it in the book, too.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I highly recommend Wonder as well, not something I usually go for in a book, but turned out to be a gem. :)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Great top 10 quotes, my favourite is the 1984 quote. I love it :)
    Cute blog btw! +New follower :)
    Here's my Top10 post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    P.S. I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you'd like to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll make sure to check out your list & blog as well. :)

      Delete
  3. Love the Divergent quote. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I found myself laughing out loud. :)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete